Max Accountants uses the latest cloud accounting applications to provide a range of accounting and commercial services to a wide range of clients throughout the UK.
All our clients are on Xero accounting software and we work with a number of different industries, with a speciality of hi-tech businesses in and around Cambridge.
Full time General Accounts Assistant
Purpose of role
To be an integral part of our small team to manage the bookkeeping role and relationship with your appointed clients.
- Tracking financial transactions for a number of different clients, ensuring postings are accurate and entries can be explained
- Reconciliation of bank and credit card transactions
- Assist in preparation of VAT returns
- Assist with other bookkeeping duties
- Develop working relationships with clients
- Use excellent written and oral communication
- General administration tasks
- Develop an understanding of the Company’s methods and standards of work required
- Become familiar with the Company’s administrative and office procedures
- Become familiar with relevant software used by the Company, incl. Xero and Receipt Bank
- Take on additional projects / responsibilities as directed./li>
- Fulfil measures of effectiveness and meet competencies set for role
The company reserves the right to require you to perform other duties outside your normal work duties as the company may reasonably require.
Key skills and experience required
- AAT qualified or part qualified. Candidates with relevant experience are also encouraged to apply
- Have good communication skills
- Previous bookkeeping and /or accounting knowledge
- Be keen to learn
- Proficient IT skills and have a passion for technology
- Be a team player
- Be able to solve problems
- Attention to detail and ability to recognise inconsistencies
- Experience of working to strict deadlines